01:22:54 AM Nov 23rd 2015
Why shouldn't the Dragon Ball Type 6 category be split? Considering there are a lot of possible candidates, and few actual Type 6, it's reasonable to split it.
10:42:08 AM Apr 20th 2015
edited by Catalyst375
edited by Catalyst375
In regards to Orihime's entry, I think that new information should be added, both in light of current events and for the sake of accuracy. Orihime powers are based around the concept of rejecting reality, but are limited by both her emotional state and what she personally believes is possible or not. Hacchi advises her that where mastering her power is concerned, she needs to remember that she shouldn't think of how the world works but how she wants the world to work. For starters, the entire entry is based on fan interpretations of her ability, and interpretations based on incorrect translations of the manga i.e. years-old online scanlations. In the Viz Manga, Hachigen's words never implied anything about her powers being influenced by how "she wants the world to work", but was instead talking about her finding a way to fight. He was saying that there is a way for her to fight, but that she has to find it, and tells her to remember: "It is not how you should be, but how you want to be." In other words, Hachigen was giving her advice on finding a way for herself to fight (which is represented by her developing Shiten Koshun), not about her powers being determines by what she believes should happen. Second, her power was completely incapable of restoring The Soul King in the recent arc, shattering when she tried to do so. So her power is actually more limited than what people have believed for the past while, so I think here entry should be edited to more accurately reflect that.
10:14:55 PM Apr 13th 2014
I think the Hellsing entry could be edited a little, though for the most part I like it. The only suggestions I have would be move Yan Valentine and most vampires from a Type 1 to a Type 2. The reason I feel this fits in better is because while Yan and most vampires don't carry as much fighting proficiency as some of the "Badass Normal" characters they do still have some super-human powers, such as advanced healing and strength. Since the description of a Type 2 refers heavily to super human powers I feel this sits better with the descriptions given for the Super Weight Types. Secondly, I think that the Doktor and Maxwell should be be moved to a Type 1 since neither of them really display any fighting skills, the threat those characters present lie more in their command of military and scientific forces than their own power. Let me know what you guys think, cheers!
01:47:41 AM Dec 17th 2013
It seems to me Fairy Tail should look more like this: Type 3.5: Dragon slayers, God Slayer, S-class mages, Guild Masters. Type 4: Zeref, Acnologia, Mavis Vermillion. Those listed in 3.5 are not persons of mass destruction (at least not as of 340, so I could be outdated), and in fact the theme of the story seems to be that the individual alone can't do a whole lot against much bigger forces like the moon, giant dragons, or the world. Acnologia, on the other hand, can, and does when he takes out an island. But that's nowhere near taking out the entire planet. I don't want to change it without knowing more about why they were first given that rating in the first place though.
07:27:02 PM Dec 4th 2013
Removed the following:
- Dragon Ball
- Type -1: Talking animals
- Type 0: Humans, Pilaf.
- Type 1: Hercule, Tenkaichi finalists, Launch, Red Ribbon higher-ups, Chi-Chi, Ox King, Yajirobe, Oolong, Puar, Videl.
- Type 2: Uranai Baba, Mercenary Tao, Muten Roshi, Korin,
- Type 3: Demon King Piccolonote , human fighters from the Saiyan Saga, Kami.
- Type 4: Radditz, Nappa, Arale, Son Goku, Piccolo most human Z Fighters from the Saiyan Saga to end of Freeza Saga. The Ginyu Force,
- Type 5: Freeza, Super Saiyajins, Piccolo once integrated with Kami, Doctor Gero's Artificial Humans, Shenron, Porunga, Cell to Imperfect Cell.
- Type 6: Perfect Cell, Super Saiyajin 2 Son Gohan, Demon King Dabura, Fat Buu.
- Type 7: Super Saiyajin 3 Song Goku, Ascended Son Gohan, Super Buu to Kid Buu.
- Type 8: Super Saiyajin God Son Goku,
- Type 9: Bills the Seventh God of Destruction, Whis He-Who-Serves-Bills, Tori-Bot.
- Puar and Videl can fly, and thus are automatically Type 2.
- Canon does not matter for this list. The characters have to fit OUR criteria for the types.
- As already stated, GT is part of the series. What Toriyama says doesn't matter.
- As per the last Trope Repair Shop, we can ONLY use the Types described on the main page. We cannot add new types.
11:39:10 PM Dec 4th 2013
I think that the current ranks are fine, and that the one who wrote this doesn't understand them. It could be argued that Bills is of level 6, given that he claims to be capable of wiping out galaxies, but as usual with Dragonball we never actually concretely see anything remotely in this league, and regardless, that is still far far infinitely faaaaaaaaar from the higher-dimensional infinite omnipotence of level 7. Ditto for the Yu Yu Hakushu edit. Wiping out the world is just level 5, and no explanation is given for the 3 demon lords, who might also be level 6 for all that I know, but we need examples, so some restructuring is in order.
07:48:43 AM Dec 5th 2013
Pretty much agreed all-around. For Bills (who I assume is the villain of the new movie), we can just add a notation stating that Type 6 is his alleged level.
09:44:50 AM Dec 6th 2013
The Three Demon Lords are just particularly strong S-Class Demons. They're definitely still a type 5.
10:45:50 AM Dec 6th 2013
edited by 22.214.171.124
edited by 126.96.36.199
One more thing: There is also the issue of the sheer Temporal Power that allows the Three Kings to back up their Political Power and not make it all talk. As shown by the Final Tournament held by Yusuke, the Demon world is CRAWLING with S-Class Demons, all of whom are said to be able to wipe out Earth, Dragonball Z style, in one blow. And yet the ONLY thing that's keeping ALL of them under control is the comparatively Godlike power of the Three Kings, against whom the "normal" S-Class demon would be a child in comparison. These ARE (mostly) bloodthristy demons we are talking about, and words/respect/titles alone are NOT sufficient to hold them back to do as they please, so it takes an even MORE Godlike power to hold back HUNDREDS of already Godlike Beings who can all destroy the world in one blow. Hence the argument that The Three Kings (and Enki, who succeeds their authority) is Class 6: Their presence in the Universe Alone stops it from tearing itself apart in an orgy of blood and violence.
12:28:21 PM Dec 6th 2013
No, they're definitely Type 5. They are very strong, but it's just plain high power levels. Nothing anywhere near Cosmic-level. Sisters, ask yourself. Do the Demon Kings ever do anything on-screen that seems anywhere near a legitimate Type 6? Even off-screen, there's not really indications that they can destroy a galaxy in one blow. They're strong, but not Cosmic-level strong. Yes, there's a disparity between them and lower S-Class demons, but it's not enough to arbitrarily put them at a higher tier. And "Their presence in the Universe Alone stops it from tearing itself apart in an orgy of blood and violence" while needlessly poetic isn't really saying much. It's like calling the President a Type 5 because he can destroy the world by launching nukes.
12:58:39 AM Oct 9th 2013
edited by 188.8.131.52
edited by 184.108.40.206
Updated the Mahou Sensei Negima! list, as it was missing most of the significant cast. For now it will reflect characters as they are at the end of the series, since so much development occurs throughout its timeline. I'm still a little unsure about the weight classes of a few characters; some skirt classes 3 and 4, and things become complicated once the setting expands to include a magical world alongside modern Earth. But it should be mostly correct. I have also removed Nasuverse, since it already has an entry under Literature. Despite anime and manga adaptations, the relevant works are all originally either printed literature or visual novels.
11:58:30 PM Oct 6th 2014
edited by 220.127.116.11
edited by 18.104.22.168
Someone reverted my Nasuverse changes so I'm removing that section again. Again, although many people may have been exposed to the TYPE-MOON franchise via anime or manga adaptations, the actual source works are printed literature and visual novels.
07:53:23 AM Feb 22nd 2012
edited by EarlOfSandvich
edited by EarlOfSandvich
Stuff to revise to reflect the new ratings:
- Type -1: the usual assortment of soldiers, scientists, and citizens, Yamagata, Kaori, Lady Miyako/Tetsuo's trained psychics
- Type 0: Kaisuke, Nezu, Ryu, George Yamada, Joker
- Type 1: Kaneda, Kei, The Colonel, Chiyoko
- Type 2: The Numbers (Takashi, Kyoko, Masaru & Lady Miyako)
- Type 3: Tetsuo, Kei (when being used by the Numbers)
- Type 4: Akira
- Type 5: in the end, all the psychics ascend to this level
- Azumanga Daioh
- Black Lagoon
- Type -1: Nameless Mooks, Rotton the Wizard, Chaka
- Type 0: Rock, pre-Character Development; Benny, Yukio, Garcia, Greenback Jane, leaders of Sicilian Mafia and Colombian Cartel
- Type 1: Most of the named characters, Vysotniki, Gray Fox Unit, FARC soldiers, Rock post-Character Development
- Type 2: Roberta, arguably Ginji
- Type 3: Rosarita Cisneros/Mad Dog Roberta
- Chrono Crusade
- Double Arts
- Ergo Proxy
- Type -1: Domestic autoreivs, most full citizens of Romdeau, Vincent Law.
- Type 0: Most refugees and wastelanders.
- Type 1: Re-l Mayer, Quinn, Raul.
- Type 2: Combat and guardian autoreivs, Iggy on a bad day.
- Type 3: Proxies, Vincent Law.
- Type 0: Civilians.
- Type 1: Irisviel von Einzbern, Hisau Maiya, Sola-ui Nuada-re Sophia-ri, Waver Velvet, Kariya Matou, Ryuunosuke Uryuu, Risei Kotomine, all other masters.
- Type 2: Servant Assassin, Servant Caster.
- Type 3: Servant Saber, Servant Lancer,, Servant Rider's Ionioi Hetaroi
- Type 4: Servant Archer, Servant Berserker, Servant Rider.
- Type -1: civilians without spiritual senses
- Type 0: The military (sometimes -1), minor Agency members
- Type 1: Kensuke, Iwahata Kouji, Kazuki, most major characters of the Agency, squad from Ga-Rei -Zero- episode 1
- Type 2: Kagura, Kensuke w/ Michael Revolution, Kyouko, Shizuru, Michael, Tsuina, Mikado
- Type 3: Yomi, Noriyuki Izuna, Mitogawa Kazuhiro, Setsuna
- Type 4: Byakuei, Raijuu, Nue, Kirin, Tengu, Black Priestess Yomi, White Priestess Kagura
- Type 5: Lord Tamamo, the Kyubi, God of the Land
- Ghost in the Shell
- Type 1: Togusa, Aramaki, Ichikawa
- Type 2: Batou, Saito, Tachikoma, Gouda
- Type 3: The Major, Kuze
- Type 4: Motoko/Puppetmaster
- Type -1: Civilians, soldiers.
- Type 0: Tanks, jets, etc.
- Type 1: Mass-produced mobile suits, space ships.
- Type 2: RX-79 and other early Gundams, most Ace Customs, Newtype-, Coordinator-, or Innovator-piloted mobile suits.
- Type 3: Later UC Gundams, most AU Gundams.
- Type 4: Turn A Gundam, Turn X, Devil Gundam, 00 Qan[T], Phoenix Gundam, Halphas Gundam, Barbatos, GENESIS, Full Armour Unicorn Gundam (At least in the novels... for now.}
- Type 5: The SEED, DOME
- Type -1: Villagers, Myoga
- Type 0: Shippo, Jaken
- Type 1: Kaede, Kohaku
- Type 2: Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kagura, Kouga, InuYasha, Kikyo
- Type 3: Sesshoumaru, Naraku
- Type 4: The Shikon Jewel/Magatsuhi
- Kara no Kyoukai
- Katekyō Hitman Reborn!
- Type -1: Chris, Enfant agents, soldiers, Eric, Pete
- Type 0: Badgis, Carrossea, Charlie, Maclay Marini, Quanzitta, Vanessa, Margaret
- Type 1: Limelda, Luciano, Elenore
- Type 2: Madlax, Nakhl
- Type 3: Friday
- Type 4: Margaret inside the gate, pre-injury Friday
- My Balls
- Type 0: Kohta, Michael after losing his powers
- Type 2: Elyse
- Type 3: Irene, Most Demons
- Type 4: Emmaniel, Michael
- Princess Tutu
- Type 0: Pique & Lilie (plus the majority of the townsfolk), Professor Cat, Autor, Ahiru, Rue
- Type 1: Fakir
- Type 2: Princess Kraehe (that is, Rue after she remembers her powers), Princess Tutu, Mytho (or should we say Prince Siegfried?), Fakir after he discovers his powers, with great potential to be Type 4
- Type 4: Drosselmeyer
- Type 0: most normal humans
- Type 1: Gojyo (being half youkai he's on the border line), most sanzo priests, Kami-sama
- Type 2: most youkai including Hakkai (particularly with limiters) kougaiji etc, Goku with his limiter, Nii Jenyi, Hazel
- Type 3: Goku without his limiter
- Type 4: The Sanbutsushin, Homura, (arguably most character's appearing in gaiden from the point of view of the earth)
- Type 5: The merciful Goddess
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Type 0: Alice, Lain's family, most other normal people
- Type 1: The Knights, the MIB, Tachibana's president
- Type 4: 'God'/Masami Eiri
- Type 5: Lain
- Shakugan no Shana
- Type -1: Torches, Rinne whenever a Flame Haze is present
- Type 0: Humans not aware of the Crimson Realm
- Type 1: Yuji (season 1), Keisaku, Tanaka, Kazumi (eventually)
- Type 2: Yuji (season 2), Shana, Margery, other Flame Haze, Crimson Denizens
- Type 3: Friagne, Bel-Peol, Hecate, most other Crimson Lords
- Type 4: Alastor, Snake of the Festival/Yuji Sakai