Welcome to the Video Games subforum. To keep things orderly, here are some basic rules to follow.
- First, read The Rules. Everything there applies here.
- One thread per game. Even if a thread hasn't been posted in for a while, it's preferable to necro it rather than start a new one. "Search forum titles" is your friend. Exception: if the old thread bogged down in a Flame War or wild tangents such that reviving it would do more harm than good.
- All games in a series are usually discussed in the same thread, unless doing so would disrupt an existing conversation or a franchise splits into several distinct series.
- Stay on-topic. It isn't On Topic Conversations, but by nature this forum works best if people stick to a thread's subject.
What belongs here
- Discussion of specific games/series/franchises.
- Discussion of topics about video games in general — music, genres, companies, conventions/shows, major news items, favorite games, etc.
- Recommendations about video games have their dedicated thread.
What doesn't belong here
- Complaint threads will be locked and deleted. This specifically includes threads to discuss what you liked about bad games, as well as "unpopular opinions" threads.
- Political topics that are only peripherally related to gaming go in the On-Topic Conversations forum.
- Discussion of piracy and warez. Related: Why [Company X] sucks and therefore you feel justified in pirating from them. See also the main forum rules regarding discussing illegal activities.
- If you're discussing a game/series/franchise, just make the title the name of that game. No need for modifiers ("X to be released soon", "Awesome new Y in game X", because the thread will inevitably become a general discussion anyway.
- If you're discussing a news article about a specific game, check to see if it would fit better in the game's existing thread.
Thanks and have fun!
edited 7th Feb '14 5:34:39 PM by lu127
Ironically, the pursuit of the definition of happiness does not appear to be a happiness-maximizing behavior.