YMMV: The Red Tent
- Fridge Horror: It is known that Basemath has only two surviving children, Tabea and an unnamed son; the rest all died either in infancy or while Basemath was pregnant with them. It is also known that Adath is jealous of Basemath for being Esau's favorite and has been known to abuse the latter. This could be the reason for Basemath's "infertility."
- Hollywood Homely: Leah's described as rather plain compared to Rachel, plus years of bearing children and nursing take a toll on her
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Slavery is wrong. People are not property.
- Monogamy and marriage for love are better in many ways than polygamy and arranged marriages.
- Women are people, not passive vessels for childbearing.
- The Woobie: Benia. He is widowed- twice. He loses both sons from his first marriage- and is not able to have any children in his marriage to Dinah.