YMMV: The Corellian Trilogy
- Ho Yay: Lando needs Luke's endorsement to find a bride.
- Moral Event Horizon: Thrackan, holding Han and Leia's children hostage. Also an In-Universe example, as the Corellian culture values family loyalty. This action inspires Dracmus' Mook Face Turn.
- Narm: The fact that a pro-human fascist organization has the same name as a 1980s band can be amusing to read.
- The Scrappy: Thrackan. Even for a villain, he's hated. The fact that he met his defeat at the hands of nine-year-old Jacen & Jaina and seven-year-old Anakin didn't exactly help to guarantee him a spot among the greatest EU villains of all time. Unlike most of his more well-regarded fellows, however, Thrackan did manage to stick around as a thorn in the heroes' side for years after these books, rather than getting killed off; he finally met his doom as the Disc One Final Boss of Legacy of the Force.
- What an Idiot: The entire New Republic, at the very end, for simply not having Thrackan executed. He ended up returning to power twice, once during the Yuuzhan Vong War as part of the Peace Brigade, and then at the beginning of the Second Galactic Civil War before Boba Fett and his granddaughter finally kill him in retribution for him capturing Fett's daughter. Fantastic work, Leia.
- The protagonists' distrust of Mara. See Red Herring on the main page.