YMMV: The Bangles
- Black Sheep Hit: Darn near all of them, actually. The Bangles write the vast majority of their own songs, but of their 4 best-charting singles, "Manic Monday" was written by Prince, and as noted below, sounds like it. "Walk Like An Egyptian" was a novelty song. "Hazy Shade of Winter" was a cover, and "Eternal Flame" was the only ballad on Everything. None of these hits are really "typical" Bangles songs.
- Covered Up: How many people knew "Hazy Shade of Winter" was a Simon & Garfunkel song?
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Eternal Flame." May also double as a Tear Jerker given the emotional tone of its lyrics.
- Ear Worm: "It's just another manic Monday..."
- Face of the Band: Susanna Hoffs. This only worsened intra-band tension since her elevation to this ruined the whole democratic group atmosphere they were building with All Over the Place.
- Testosterone Brigade: Summed up by The Saw Doctors' "I'd Love To Bang The Bangles" (or, if you prefer, "...Kiss The Bangles").