YMMV: The Adventures of Antoine Doinel
- Angst? What Angst?: Despite having a terrible childhood, being a total failure throughout most of the films, and running every one of his romantic prospects into the ground for our viewing pleasure, adult Antoine is dauntless, cheerful, and fairly well-adjusted. It's implied that he worked through most of it by writing novels. His love interest Christine complains that it's not art anymore if it's being used to settle accounts.
- First Installment Wins: Most people haven't even heard of the sequels.
- Moe: If you ever wondered what moe would look like when applied to a thirty-five-year-old French man, well.
- True Art Is Angsty: The 400 Blows.
- The Woobie: Especially 400 Blows Antoine.