Tropers Online: 4,129
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Adventures of Antoine Doinel
- Angst? What Angst?: Despite having a terrible childhood, being a total failure throughout most of the films, and running every one of his romantic prospects into the ground for our viewing pleasure, adult Antoine is dauntless, cheerful, and fairly well-adjusted. It's implied that he worked through most of it by writing novels. His love interest Christine complains that it's not art anymore if it's being used to settle accounts.
- First Installment Wins: Most people haven't even heard of the sequels.
- Moe: If you ever wondered what moe would look like when applied to a thirty-five-year-old French man, well.
- True Art Is Angsty: The 400 Blows.
- The Woobie: Especially 400 Blows Antoine.