YMMV: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
- Awesome Music: Yeong-wook Jo's very baroque soundtrack only adds to Geum-Ja's grace and elegance.
- Complete Monster: Mr. Baek is the old partner of the main character Ms. Geum-Ja. He makes her take the fall for a young boy Baek himself killed, sending Geum-Ja to prison for years. Upon her release, Geum-Ja plans revenge. Baek hideously mistreats his wife physically and sexually and is found out to have become a Serial Killer of children while Geum-Ja was in jail. Baek would abduct children, send out ransom notices...and then murder the children anyways before he even got the money. He did this all because he just didn't like children, and he wanted to buy a yacht.
- Memetic Mutation: "Ni na jaraseyo." Which means, "Go mind your own business", became an extremely popular phrase in Korea.
- Tear Jerker: Watching Baek's snuff movies where he kills the children.
- The birthday party for all of Baek's victims
- The rice-cake. It Makes Sense in Context.