- Ass Pull: Several plot developments arise with little to no buildup and are dropped just as quickly.
- Guide Dang It: The game often fails to drop key hints, so completing a scene or winning a bonus round in one try is usually a matter of luck. Also, some of the items lie in obscure or counterintuitive conversation paths.
- Ho Yay: Brett can use an "Amorous Action" on any character, men included, whenever item use is available. Erica acts affectionate and jealous around Becky, even though she's actually interested in Brett.
- So Bad, It's Good: The gameplay may be lacking, but the stupid dialogue, unsubtle characterization, and incoherent plot make it fun anyway. There's also a surprisingly high number of written reactions to doing stupid things like pouring gasoline on people, which can be entertaining for players who like to goof around.
- So Unfunny It's Funny: Even the bad jokes can get a laugh for their sheer corniness.
- Strangled by the Red String: Most of the relationships seem like this, simply due to lack of buildup.
- Uncanny Valley: Shana's excited face and Elliot's interested face. Becky's "Friendship Ending" also includes a picture of her and Brett with highly disturbing smiles.