- Accidental Innuendo: Chapter 6 gives the reader "Please treat my body carefully from now on... Furuya-kun."
doesn'thelps that she's trying to be all cute while saying that without knowing... Which immediately gets lampshaded by Chihiro.
- Ass Pull: How the manga's ending is regarded by a good part of the fanbase.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In episode 8, men sent by Rea's dad try to capture her and bring her back while Chihiro is away. As he comes back, he is alerted by her scream, runs to save her... and find her beating up her abductors-wannabe with a bench. While still screaming in panic.
Rea (crying against Chihiro's chest): Thank you for saving me!Chihiro: But I didn't do anything...
- Chihiro perving at Rea in a bunny outfit... while a sword is still stuck in his chest.
- In a later chapter, Wanko, desperate to get Chihiro's attention, steals a bottle of potion from Darin's belongings and swallows it right in front of him. To Chihiro's panic, she falls unconcious, sleeps for a while... and awakens completely human. It actually was just a bottle of harmless sleeping pills Darin was keeping in an old zombie potion bottle, and she was too lazy to change the label on it.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Zombies? Scary and Disgusting. A moe zombie girl? Cute and totally huggable~!
- In the manga, the ending. Rea having eaten Chihiro's heart, almost killing him before he received an artificial one? Disturbing and nightmarish. Her jokingly thanking him for the meal at the end? Actually quite funny and kinda cute.
- Ear Worm: The opening of the anime, like a cute zombie girl, simply refuses to die once it burrows into your heart.
- Fan Nickname: Rea = "Zombie Saten."
- Jerkass Woobie: Aria. Despite pretty much not caring at all what happens to Rea, you can't help but feel sorry for her since she cannot get any love and attention from her own husband. It is pretty much stated that the reason she hates Rea is because she is jealous of how she receives all of Dan'ichiro's love.
- Moe: Zombies do have their coolness factor and all, but who'd have thought they can also be cute?!
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Rea's dad seems to be portrayed as a Jerkass Woobie, where it's explained how he was very much in love with Rea's mother. He doesn't want to see Rea to go but given his very disturbing interest in her, it's difficult to get past that.
- It doesn't help that he's fired anybody who he deems remotely threatening to his daughter (or his ability to take nude photos of her). Or that his creepy, overprotective nature is what drove Rea to suicide anyway. Or that he attempted to kill a high school student out of pure jealousy. Sad history or not, he is a Jerkass for sure.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: If it weren't for the sailor fuku, Mero's friend Ichie would be easily mistaken for a boy.
- The Woobie: Rea. Come on, can't you feel sorry for the girl for having such sucky parents? Especially having a strict dad forces her to be perfect, take nude pictures of her on her birthday to ensure her beauty, and isolate her from the normal schoolgirl lifestyle.