YMMV: Purple Rain
- Award Snub: The soundtrack lost the 1985 Grammy award for Album Of The Year to Lionel Richie's Can't Slow Down, though it did win an Oscar for Best Original Score.note
- Breakaway Pop Hit: Pretty much the entire soundtrack. It's considered Prince's Magnum Opus for a reason.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Hell, the first eight minutes of the movie are more than enough.
- Let's face it, the whole soundtrack. And even the movie's non-Prince and the Revolution material is pretty good!
- Designated Hero: The Kid. We're supposed to cheer for this jerkass to see the light, and he kind of never does.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Prince's character in Purple Rain is a Jerk Ass who bullies Wendy and Lisa and restricts their creativity. In Real Life, Prince was a huge Jerk Ass to Wendy and Lisa - who eventually split with Prince and apparently haven't spoken to him in decades. Happy viewing!
- Just Here for Godzilla: The only reason anybody would watch this is for the music.
- Nightmare Fuel: Believe it or not the film has some creepy moments. Aside from the treatment Apollonia occasionally receives there is one scene in which The Kid and Apollonia listen to a demo tape in which a woman is supposedly crying played backwards.
- So Bad, It's Good