Tropers Online: 2,824
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Paint Your Wagon
- Audience-Alienating Premise: See WTH, Casting Agency?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The song "I Talk to the Trees" became funnier when Clint Eastwood gave a rather strange rambling speech towards an empty (wooden) chair representing President Barack Obama at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
- One-Scene Wonder: Harve Presnell, whose only major contribution to the movie is to perform an absolutely stunning rendition of "They Call the Wind Maria."
- "Weird Al" Effect: As suggested on the main page, people who have only seen the Simpsons parody may have no idea that it was ever a real movie.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: Okay, the cast would've been okay if it was just a Western, but it was a musical!