YMMV: Nippon Ichi
- Cliché Storm: In full force concerning Gust, IF, and Hitmaker games.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Every. Single. Game. Soul Nomad and the Disgaea series take the cake.
- Game Breaker: All their Turn-Based Strategy games actively encourage munchkinism, intentionally letting you power up weapons and characters enough to One-Hit Kill anything in the game.
- Heartwarming Moments: The Makai Wars live event concert had two. One was finally announcing that Asagi's game was now in the planning stages and thanking all who supported her Asagi Fan Club, which reached over 10,000 followers. The second was the final song. What's the best way to thank the audience and all the fans for supporting Nippon Ichi? By having every performer come on stage and sing Rhapsody A Musical Adventure's "Thank You".
- Moe: Nippon Ichi loves using this trope; Flonne and Marona stand out the most. note
- Nightmare Fuel: Quite a few things, many of which are probably compounded by the cute 2D-sprite graphics.