- Difficulty Spike: Despite Metanet's claims of them throughoutly balancing the levels in all the episodes and grids, this happens several times in N++. In particular, the final levels of episodes C-14 and C-18, Polyrhytmic Pit and Earthdate 2264 respectively, are generally considered to be... oddly misplaced in the grid, as dodging a bunch of micro drones in a really tight corridor is actually harder than it sounds. C-14 forces you to do that for 30 seconds straight, without dying. And it's a requirement to just beat the level, gold collection notwithstanding!
- Good Bad Bugs: Oh so many. Oh so very many. To the point where people try to create levels revolving around them.
- That One Level: Mostly depends on the player, but it is flat out guaranteed that there will be at least two per column.
- 88-4 and 96-4 of the original still haunt some tropers in their sleep.
- N++ Has the infamous "Go Fish", a random mess of toggle mines and gold strewn about an open area. While easy to beat, getting all the gold is something else entirely.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: N++'s print-based, sleek art style is a beauty to behold. Especially with the game's custom vector renderer, which gives an immaculately smooth image equivalent to 256x MSAA.
YMMV / N
Some things about N can vary by opinion. For example, some consider it to be Grade A Platform Hell while others consider it to be a relaxing, easy game.