- Best Known For The Vampire: His first appearance is often over looked by the fact that he showed up mid-way through a storyarc involving Spider-Man growing four extra arms. This storyarc is considered one of the strangest stories in Spidey's career (and before "The Clone Saga" and "One More Day", was considered the worst).
- Complete Monster: Presumably based on the likes of Josef Mengele and Shiro Ishii, Doctor Thaddeus Paine abducted people he deemed "worthless" and "lost causes" so he could perform gruesome surgeries and experiments on them. While he claimed that he was furthering medical knowledge by doing so, it was clear that he was just a lunatic who cut fully conscious and aware people up in order satiate his own sadism, and morbid curiosities regarding how much the human body could endure and be altered before it finally gave out. He became even worse in a later appearance, due to Venom unintentionally giving him an appetite for human brains.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Maybe chalk it up to his general bizarre nature or the Ugly Cute part, but Morbius is a rather cult classic character.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Morbius looked and sounded a lot like a certain Mr. Tommy Wiseau. Oh Hai, Spidah-Man!
- Ugly Cute: It depends on the artist, but Morbius has a big potential for this. It may have something to do with the big red eyes or the angsty nature, but how can you not simultaneously go 'aww' and 'eww' when you see something like this?◊