Tropers Online: 3,901
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Whenever the Doctor shows that he really does care about Will.
- Genius Bonus: For those who know Latin, the third book is more easily understood. Nidus ex magnificum= Nest of the magnificent.
- Ho Yay: Pellinore/Will. "Will Henry will never leave me," indeed.
"It is no exaggeration to say that my father loved him with an affection that bordered on idolatrous worship..."
- Regarding Will's father's relationship with Pellinore:
Will: "I've never seen him cry - ever. He's come close before...but it was only for himself. I think he loves Dr. Chanler very much."
- Pellinore is a Ho Yay whore in the second book, having moments with Will Henry, his best friend John Chanler, his former mentor Dr. von Helrung, and even some of the other monstrumologists who only have small parts.