For the movie:
- Fridge Logic: How exactly did America and the Soviet Union launch satellites armed with over a dozen nuclear warheads in complete secret from the rest of the world?
- Harsher in Hindsight: The World Trade Center is hit by the meteor, and violently explodes.
- This is made even worse when you realize that the meteor enters from the same direction as the plane that hit the South Tower.
- Special Effect Failure: Where do we begin?
- When Challenger 2 passes by with the sun in the background, the "sun" is clearly a stage light.
- Many of the disaster scenes are actually reused Stock Footage from other films, including Mia Farrow's film Avalanche and just normal demolitions.
- As the asteroid hits New York, the stock footage is tinted red to hide the fact that the buildings look nothing like Lower Manhattan.
- Hong Kong harbour made of cardboard cutouts (and accompanying tidal wave that didn't quite make it), mudslides made of brown water, an avalanche clearly blue-screened over footage of a skier.