YMMV: Me And The Devil Blues
- Awesome Music: RJ is a source of this, both in the story and in real life. Even if you can't hear the music yourself, you see how powerful it is when you see it make Clyde cry.
- Growing the Beard: The beginning of the series is much more humorous in nature, and the artwork is not up to par with the rest of the series. The art and the story get MUCH better almost immediately after RJ steps out onto the crossroad, and after Clyde shows up.
- Nightmare Fuel: TONS. Pretty much every scene involving McDonald's attack dogs is especially terrifying.
- Squick: McDonald kills children and uses their hair and nails to make dolls out of them. Oh, and it gets worse
- The Woobie: RJ. It all starts with his wife and unborn child dying and it only gets worse from there.