- Face of the Band: Paul Smith is the most recognisable, due to his Nice Hat, love of jumping around on stage and previously his comb-over
- True Art Is Angsty: Most of their songs deal with break-ups, broken relationships or loneliness
- Epic Riff: Our Velocity starts off quiet, but then it kicks with a mighty, very loud guitar riff.
- Mustache Vandalism: Possibly in the lyrics to "Standing by the Monument": "Defacing pictures of famous people on the train..." (That's all we know.)
- Good with Numbers: Cf. "A Fortnight's Time": "Five times five equals twenty-five..."
(It's just pop music - did you expect differential equations?)