The book series
- The Woobie: Hector. He's one of the smartest kids in town, but his parents don't love him, and he learns that he's cloned from a master criminal. On top of that, the first book ends with him apparently getting killed.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: This film has a handful of them.
Bentley: (to Claire) What a violent society you have in this country, Claire. Sad, really.
- Bentley observing the damage done by his men is positively hilarious, all because of Patrick Stewart's gloriously sarcastic delivery:
Bentley: (calmly) You know, I'm not a violent man, but I really do think I'm going to have to kill someone here.
- The sprinkler system goes off for the second time, re-drenching Bentley, his goons, and their delicate electronic equipment.
Bentley: Oh, ho-ho, I'll be frying, Claire! Under the hot tropical sun!
- The little dance that Bentley does while boasting about what he'll do with the ransom money.
Bentley: Well, think about it—if we're smart to get all this cash, then we are SMART ENOUGH TO DISAPPEAR WITH IT!
- And when the headmistress says he won't get away with his crime:
Bentley: UNITED! UNITED!
- During Bentley's brief exchange with Foster Delroy, one line stands out, again because of Patrick Stewart's delivery, not to mention the look on his face when he says it:
Bentley: Yes, you did. Well, screw you too, Foster!
- Bentley's reaction to Ozzy crashing into the room through the skylight:
Bentley: You little shit!
- "Well, if it isn't Dennis the Menace! Very nice!"
- Bentley taking off his dress shirt to reveal a Manchester United T-shirt.
Bentley: Oh, sod it, take her!
- During the final chase, Bentley and Ozzy play tug-o-war with Melissa until Bentley just lets go of Ozzy's stepsister with this gem:
- The ending scene, in which Bentley speeds towards the light out of the tunnel, gleefully yelling "Yes!"...only to end up falling out of the tunnel and into a sewage dump, all the while screaming "NO!"