YMMV: Man Woman Wild
- Harsher in Hindsight (or "Funny Aneurysm" Moment): Myke mentioned that he prefers foraging when possible, because "plants don't fight back." When he had Ruth help out with hunting an opossum to get her used to killing, it fought back instead of playing dead like he expected. His reaction was "Oh Crap!" and Ruth was practically in hysterics. To her credit, she still forced herself to cut its head off.
- Nightmare Fuel: Tasmanian Devils making a kill and eating it several yards away from camp. No wonder Ruth couldn't sleep.
- The loud growling and buzzsaw tornado noises probably didn't help.
- Very much the episode where Ruth has to be hospitalized due to being dangerously dehydrated.
- The Alaska episode, where a grizzly bear was poking around close to their campsite.
- Squick: The swamp water in Louisiana is seething with insects and snakes.
- Their time on a tropical island where Ruth finds eggs, which turn out to have been fertile after she boils them. Mykel gets the one with the three-fourths-developed embryo. They also briefly resorted to sea-cucumbers, which are not at all vegetable-like and resemble lumpy sacs of goo.
- Tear Jerker: In one episode in the American Southwest, Mykel and Ruth are unable to find drinkable water by the end of the first day. By the next morning, they have to cancel the rest of the trek because Ruth has become dangerously dehydrated. The whole sequence in generally is truly nerve-racking and it speaks volumes for Mykel's training that he's able to stay as calm and collected as he does while his wife goes into convulsions and starts vomiting.
- After Ruth finishes crossing an ice-cold river for the third time, what does she panic about when she stops vomiting? Nearly losing her wedding ring. It really strikes home how important it is to keep morale up, and married viewers must have gotten a nasty reminder of how much stock they put into a piece of jewelry.