YMMV: Major Dad
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: When Mac confronts an Abusive Parent (a fellow USMC major) at the end of "Conduct Unbecoming." Also a CMOA for Gerald McRaney's performance.
Major Whitaker: You get the HELL out of here, or I'll...
Mac: You'll what? You'll hit me? That your answer for everything? Well, that's fine. I tell you what let's do: let's go on down to the gym here, we'll put the gloves on, you feel like you gotta hit something, go ahead, hit me. But be advised: I'm not thirteen and I hit back.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In the episode "Wetting Down," when Holowachuk's fellow Marines are calling him a wuss for refusing to drink, one of them says "Wait a minute. Some guys can't drink. Are you an alcoholic, buddy?" "No." "Then drink up, you wuss!"
- All this eventually leads to a moment of awesome, when the Major defends Holowachuk's position.
- And into a moment of awesome, since the group then indulges in the same idiotic traditions albeit while they're stone cold sober. They remark that this is the first "Wetting Down" that any of them will actually remember.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: At the end of "Gunny Gets Robbed," Mac, Holowachuk, and the General bring Gunny an eagle statuette from the top of the General's flagpole, as a gift to help start replacing the eagle collection that had been stolen.
- Tear Jerker: "Alright. You wanna know what combat is like? People die. Kids. Kids who just wanted to see the world, go to college. I trained them the best I could, and still... not all of them made it home."