- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: When Mac confronts an Abusive Parent (a fellow USMC major) at the end of "Conduct Unbecoming." Also a CMOA for Gerald McRaney's performance.
Major Whitaker: You get the HELL out of here, or I'll...
Mac: You'll what? You'll hit me? That your answer for everything? Well, that's fine. I tell you what let's do: let's go on down to the gym here, we'll put the gloves on, you feel like you gotta hit something, go ahead, hit me. But be advised: I'm not thirteen and I hit back.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In the episode "Wetting Down," when Holowachuk's fellow Marines are calling him a wuss for refusing to drink, one of them says "Wait a minute. Some guys can't drink. Are you an alcoholic, buddy?" "No." "Then drink up, you wuss!"
- All this eventually leads to a moment of awesome, when the Major defends Holowachuk's position.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: At the end of "Gunny Gets Robbed," Mac, Holowachuk, and the General bring Gunny an eagle statuette from the top of the General's flagpole, as a gift to help start replacing the eagle collection that had been stolen.
- Tear Jerker: "Alright. You wanna know what combat is like? People die. Kids. Kids who just wanted to see the world, go to college. I trained them the best I could, and still... not all of them made it home."