We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
- Awesome Music: The theme song is arguably the best thing about the series.
- Base Breaker: Carlos.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: One of the series' most infamously bizarre scenes takes place when Carlos's father stares intently at a glass of water for no apparent reason. Cue transition.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Watching Santana is so hilarious it hurts... or maybe it's the other way around. Also, his name.
- Les Yay: The fact that hugging and kissing are socially acceptable interactions between friends in many cultures hasn't stopped this with regards to Jamie's unnamed high school friend.
- Memetic Molester: Jamie gets a lot of this. Santana, too, which makes sense with him skulking around and all.
- Memetic Mutation:
- The excessive amount of closeups, particularly on Jamie's weird facial expressions, are some of the most frequently parodied items of the show.
- Jamie the lesbian. note
- Find those damn WMDs! note
- Jamie only likes Shakira. note
- Hurricane Catrina. note
- Carlos is a pussy. note
- 19th-century Mexican dentists are awesome. note
- Dear Leader moves to adjourn for a third lunch. note
- Narm: Too many examples to list, but you're free to try.
- There are a number of... interesting cuts, transitions, tints, and camera angles.
- One True Pairing: A lot of people would rather see Santana paired with Jamie rather than the considerably less entertaining Carlos.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: The Reveal that Carlos is helping to build an environmental case against Don Silvestre's Jacaranda operations gave a kind of depth to his character we hadn't seen before.
- Snark Bait: Show it to a classroom. We dare you.
- So Bad, It's Good
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Demitrio and Don Silvestre's actors take thinks far more seriously than pretty much everyone else.