YMMV: Kyle XY
- Anvilicious: "Free To Be You And Me", which delivered a rather heavy-handed Aesop about homosexuality, including having all the main characters organise an alternative school dance for gays and lesbians to go to, having Josh learn a valuable lesson and having Jerk Ass Charlie behave homophobically.
- Creepy Awesome: Jessi.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: In Season 3, Kyle upercutting Cassidy with enough force to send him flying out of the house.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Also in Season 3, the revelation that Sarah never left Jessi after all.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Kyle XY gets more love in Spain than he does in the States. With an average of three million viewers per episode in Spain (huge in European TV), this show remains a fundamental program for its broadcaster.
- Ho Yay Shipping: Kyle and Declan (dubbed in-universe as "Keclan" by Hillary). When the two have a falling out in Season 2, people speak about it as if they had broken up.
- Inferred Holocaust: In the middle of Season 2, Kyle and Jessi cause a city-wide blackout. No mention is made of the inevitable casualties that would have resulted of this (car crashes, etc).
- Jerkass Woobie: Jessi.
- Nightmare Fuel: At the end of "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades," Kyle learns he can manipulate water, and immediately proceeds to pull Jessi onto the roof as she attempts to jump off. While his intentions were honorable, there's really no getting around the fact that he just learned...bloodbending.
Kyle: The human body is 50% water. (cue Josh's "holy-shit" face)
- Seasonal Rot/Sophomore Slump: Season 2 was the weak link in the series, spending more time on the tangled mass of love triangles and teen relationships than Kyle himself, and failing to provide a major villain. It got better by the time of Season 3, which is probably the best season in the series.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: Just go onto the boards and be prepared to be met with tons of threads documenting the all out war between the Kyle/Amanda shippers and the Kyle/Jessi shippers.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: A surprisingly large amount of the villains. Aside from the blatant Big Bads like Thatcher and Ballantine, most of the antagonists are Punch Clock Villains who express their distaste with having to pursue or manipulate teenagers.
- Wangst: Amanda's whining about Kyle got really annoying, but it wasn't as if the tropers who thought this were sad to see her breakup with Kyle.
- Woobie: Kyle in Season 1, and after that. Contrast with Jessi, who is a Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.