- Designated Hero: If Benika's plan succeeds, the Kuhoin family is more or less doomed to extinction.
- Designated Villain: The Kuhoin "traditions", as sick as they seem, are what the family has to do in order to survive.
- Fridge Logic: Yes, of course, because we all know that adoption is not a viable alternative according to traditional Japanese customs.
- The plan also has not one but two very obvious failure conditions. One, The Kuhoin family can simply write Murasaki off as damaged goods and either abandoning or killing her. Two, they can just as easily break her spirit in such a way that she simply goes along with the tradtions anyway.
- Fridge Brilliance: Then again, that may have been part of the plan all along.
- Magnificent Bastard: Renjou.
- The Kuhoin... family tree.
- Also, to some people, the fact that this is about a teenage boy living with a seven year old girl.