- Hilarious in Hindsight: Does this sound familiar to you?
- Moral Event Horizon: The two gators Floyd and Jolene, the series' main antagonists, cross the line in "The Birds and the Bears" when they steal Gus's paddlecab and trick him into following them so they can lure him into quicksand and leave him there for dead while they go off on the paddlecab and capture some of the swamp's young critters for dinner. Of course, naturally, they do get their comeuppance after Kissyfur, Miss Emmy Lou, Beehonie, and Toot free Gus, who manages to put them in their place as he always does and helps rescue the young critters and gets his paddlecab back.
- It doesn't even help that it was the gators' plan all along to begin with.
- Nightmare Fuel: Regarding the aforementioned example with the quicksand, just imagine what would have happened if Kissyfur, Beehonie, Toot, and Miss Emmy Lou didn't arrive in time to save Gus.
- One-Episode Wonder: Donna from "The Birds and the Bears".
- Toy Ship: Kissyfur and Beehonie.