- Crack Ship: Zim and Purple, of course.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Subverted; the fic seems to make it a point to show that the Irkens really are doing horrible things to the rest of the universe, such as in the chapter set on the Conveyer Belt Planet.
- Fridge Logic: Wait, doesn't GIR once get Zim to "dance" with him on the show without any apparent confusion?
- And if Irkens are so freaked out about suicide, why does Zim almost self-destruct in the first episode?
- The suicide thing might not have anything to do with the self-destruct mechanism. I imagine the self-destruct is more for emergencies. After all, not pressing it could very well end in a painful, messy death anyway (possibly leading to the death of several other Irkens, depending), so why not take your possible killers out with you?
- Self-destructing is probably looked on as more favorable and honorable than not botching a mission.
- One Sided Shipping: Keef==>Zim, the latter of whom is Oblivious to Love.
- Strangled by the Red String: Averted. Thirty chapters in Purple and Zim are considerably closer, but still acting like their usual, non-love-sick selves. Likewise there are so many side-plots that you can love this story even if you don't like the Zim/Purple romance.