- Broken Base: There has been a noticable split ever since the first single of BLUE was released. Some appreciate the dream pop found in kin and BLUE, while others believe the band has stagnated and prefer the more industrial-tinged electronic music of bounty and the Prelude series of videos. As the band is audiovisual, the trope extends to their videos as well: iamamiwhoami's aesthetic went from gritty, dirt- and plastic wrap-covered nature child to siren-like innocent goddess over the course of three albums.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The entirety of 'Kin'. Specially "Drops", "Good Worker" and "Kill".
- Face of the Band: Jonna Lee, to the point where fans refer to her as Iam
- It's sort of odd. Sometimes Jonna is considered the group itself as the project is her vision while the other people involved are considered just collaborators whom she works with often. It varies from person to person really.
- Memetic Mutation: "YAMMAMIHOAMMY!" after the mispronunciation of their name during the Swedish Grammy awards.
- Mind Screw: And how.
- Mondegreen: Lee sings in English with a thick Swedish accent, which makes this difficult to avoid.
- Nightmare Fuel: The videos for "b", "u-2" and "y" are really disturbing, to say the least.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: Gorillaz, no doubt.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Although we may never really get confirmation or denial of that from the participants!
- X Meets Y: Björk fronts an '80s revival group, Lady Gaga meets Talking Heads, Kesson Shoujo meets Gorillaz...
YMMV / iamamiwhoami
iamamiwhoami YMMV tropes: