- Lai sleeping around after Chang leaves. As Lai notes, he's doing it to fill an emotional void.
- Ho being reduced to tears after realizing that Lai isn't returning to him. As unhealthy as his relationship with Lai was, Lai clearly meant a lot to Ho.
The TV Series
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Sveta, obviously because of her looks, but also because the actress chose to play her character differently from Christina Applegate. While Kelly Bundy is slow, Sveta Bukina is hyperactive and childish.
- From the new episodes, the new shoe store owner Katya and Sveta's steady boyfriend Gera quickly became fan-favorites.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Laugh Track... the damn Laugh Track... it has three, four samples tops, and is heard at least once every five seconds, no matter whether what has been said before it is a punchline or not. And it is especially grating when it, for some reason, is heard during the (otherwise pretty solid) musical numbers.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Despite the Plot Tumor (see the main page), the new episodes were generally well-received.