- Crowning Moment of Funny: Too many to count, but this troper did enjoy an instant in the second arc when the main character's alter ego is asked to kiss his true self by skeptical friends who don't believe the two are 'involved'.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Both feature this near their respective ends; Secret's finale has Yurika finally kiss an unconscious Hatsushiba as a last attempt to revive him from his comatose state. It works.
- Ho Yay: Played mostly for laughs in Secret, as numerous instances have Hatsushiba either imaging himself kissing a guy (even as a girl) and at least twice smooching another man, both by accident.
- The Scrappy: Kouhei isn't terribly popular, and occasionally comes off as whiny, but even when Klara's personalities become violent and dangerous, he always finds a way to save the day.
- The Woobie: Hatsushiba is practically made out as this to overly comedic effect, from being described as "ugly, perverted, and stupid" (and not necessarily in that order, by most of the people he knows), it's not uncommon to see Akira getting angry or upset when his traits are called out, but of course everyone always means well in the end.