YMMV: David Lynch
- The Chris Carter Effect: Attempted, yet ultimately failed, with Twin Peaks.
- Death of the Author - Lynch himself enforces this.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory - Some of the more probable guesses as to what his films mean.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff - Europeans in general and the French in particular are noted for being bigger fans of Lynch than Americans. Much like Philip K. Dick, he was particularly appreciated by the French intellectual set (and Slavoj Zizek, who is essentially a Frenchman in a Slovenian's body) as his early work gelled very nicely with the Post Modernism current in the French academy at the time.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible