YMMV: Da Capo II
- Ear Worm - The second season opening, Sakura Amaneku Sekai, and CRESCENDO, one of Nanaka's ImageSongs.
- Foe Yay - Suginami and Mayuki really seem to enjoy being enemies.
- Gateway Series - It's arguable that this and its prequel are Gateway Series into the Dating Sim genre; it's certainly true if you consider that anime adaptations of Visual Novels started to rain left and right after Da Capo was animated in 2003.
- Player Punch - Yoshiyuki will disappear if Otome withers the Sakura tree. Also, Sakura and Junichi merge with the tree to attempt to control it. It doesn't work.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap - If you didn't like Sakura in the original it's a bit hard to hold onto that distaste with the finale.
- Tear Jerker - The final arc of the second season is just as bad as the final arc of Air.
- The Woobie: Sakura. Due to the Cutting Off the Branches, she Did Not Get The Guy in Da Capo. Between games, she spent much of her time conducting research overseas as her friends at home passed her by and raised families of their own. Then when she comes back home, she makes a wish on the sakura tree that came from her research for a family, and gets Yoshiyuki...but the tree grants wishes indiscriminately, so she has to spend most of her time trying to keep the harmful wishes from hurting people. Furthermore, due to Yoshiyuki's unusual origin she can't even have him properly acknowledge her as his "mother". And after all that, well...