- Ear Worm: "The Red", "The Clincher", "Panic Prone", "Jars" and many, many more.
- Epic Riff: No shortage of these.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: Due to the band's professed Christian faith, someone will inevitably claim that a given song is related to Christianity, even when it's not. "The Clincher", in particular, was thought by many to be about the crucifixion (its chorus goes "Could we have known/Never would I/Have helped to nail down"), even though Word of God says it's about claustrophobia.
- Faux Symbolism: The music video for "Mia" is pretty rife with a mix between Christian imagery and a bit of squick.
- Signature Song: Probably "The Red", although "Send The Pain Below" is their highest-charting single.
- Tear Jerker: "Bend The Bracket".