Tropers Online: 3,963
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Ear Worm: "The Red", "The Clincher", "Panic Prone", "Jars" and many, many more.
- Epic Riff: No shortage of these.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: Due to the band's professed Christian faith, someone will inevitably claim that a given song is related to Christianity, even when it's not. "The Clincher", in particular, was thought by many to be about the crucifixion (its chorus goes "Could we have known/Never would I/Have helped to nail down"), even though Word of God says it's about claustrophobia.
- Faux Symbolism: The music video for "Mia" is pretty rife with a mix between Christian imagery and a bit of squick.
- Signature Song: Probably "The Red", although "Send The Pain Below" is their highest-charting single.
- Tear Jerker: "Bend The Bracket".