YMMV: Arthur, King of Time and Space
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In a very early strip, the first sign of Lancelot's homophobia comes when Arthur mentions Bedivere and Kay are "very close" and then has to tell him it's not what he thinks (because Bedivere's female). Two retcons later, it is.
- Marty Stu: Guenevere. She cheats on Arthur regularly with his best friend Lancelot, and Arthur even knows about this and is accepting of it. Then in one arc Arthur fell in love with the leader of the enemy and slept with her once, to which Guenevere replies by trying to get his best soldiers to switch sides, and nearly kills him. The author flat out defends her actions in a comic, despite whatever she does. Of course, much of this is straight from Mallory.
- MST3K Mantra: Pretty much the only way to make Arthurian legend work when transplanted into the American Wild West.
- Purity Sue: Galahad, who exists in a state of perfect Christian grace in the space arc. Justified, as this was his role in the original legends.
- Recycled Script: Some gags from King Arthur In Time And Space get adapted when the strip reaches the appropriate point. Arthur's webcomic occasionally reuses plots from Gadizowski's old Life Embellished comic.
- Straw Character: President Lucian in the modern arc falls into this with his speeches. It works both as a satire of politics and that this is the modern arc version of the Roman siege, so we know Arthur will win the election anyway.