YMMV: Air Doll
- Adaptation Displacement: Not many people know that this is an adaptation for a manga. Not to say that this movie is well known either, at least not among Westerners.
- Ending Fatigue: A lot of critics felt that the movie could have gotten across its general story in a much shorter fashion.
- Squick: Nozomi is a sex doll and gets graphically used as such. Afterwards, she casually removes her plastic vagina and washes it.
- When not using her for what she was made for, one can see that Hideo's other interactions with Nozomi aren't all that disturbing (such as taking her for walks, bathing her, having dinner with her), if it weren't for the fact that he's doing this with a (supposedly) inanimate object.
- Uncanny Valley: At first, sentient Nozomi still retains telltale signs of her artificial nature, before she learns to conceal them.
- Uncanny Valley Girl: Nozomi turns into one when she slices open Junichi's belly in order to see whether she can reinflate him.