YMMV: A Valley Without Wind
- Awesome Music: Just like with AI War Fleet Command, A Valley Without Wind contains a beautiful, melancholic soundtrack by the formidable Pablo Vega. The sequel even contains a vocal theme that, if it doesn't put tears in your eyes, will be close to it, guaranteed.
- Crazy Awesome: An all-out brawl between a Humongous Mecha shooting lightning and fireballs, and an acrobatic Magitek soldier armed with an unlimited supply of boulders...AND THE LATTER WINS.
- Demonic Spiders: Sea Worms. They're huge (bigger than some minibosses), move freely through the air, are fairly fast even after your attacks cut their speed, have a huge HP pool with no elemental weaknesses, and are immune to knockback. Their only attack is to touch you, but when they do, it does a non-trivial amount of damage. One of these on unfortunate terrain can wreck your day, a group makes combat even on flat ground just miserable. And this fearsome, Implacable Creature of the sidescrolling world isn't rare, either - in fact they're a common spawn, up to half a dozen or so on any ocean-themed chunk. Good luck.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: The addition of the possibility for a permanent game over (A Non-Standard Game Over at that) in the sequel has not pleased some fans.
- Also the sequel generated some controversy over not having mouse + keyboard control. This has been addressed in v1.002.