YMMV: A Different Kind Of Truth
- Author's Saving Throw: After the much reviled Fate:Zero Sense and its sequel, A Different Kind Of Truth comes off at this. Having much better characterization, fights, no bashing, no 'romance' antics, and interesting character interaction tends to do that.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Vaguely Recalling JoJo spoofed the Persona 4 opening in 2012. Later on, A Different Kind of Truth was written, which is a Jojo/Persona 4 crossover.
- The Woobie: See Trauma Conga Line and Disproportionate Retribution for Johnny's situation.
- Jerkass Woobie: That being said, it's made abundantly clear within the story that Johnny's past does not excuse his shitty attitude.
- What an Idiot: Despite multiple warnings from Johnny and Chie, Yosuke's antics with the weapon replicas in Junes' food court lead to all three of them being arrested.
- Take That: Word Of God has stated that several themes of the story are meant to subvert many fanfiction cliches. Namely the Fandom-Specific Plot of placing a character from a series into the setting of another series, who will then become The Ace at everything, receive a Harem, and be treated like he can do no wrong because he has a Dark and Troubled Past. Johnny Joestar is very much a Jerkass Woobie who's rude, emotionally immature, an Asexual who hates female affection, and does not seek anyone's friendship. Many characters react to Johnny's personality negatively, and while Johnny's Dark and Troubled Past explains for some things it is made abundantly clear that Johnny's attitude is not correct. And being crippled does not earn Johnny an unlimited supply of sympathy points, and he treats any sympathy for his condition with outright disdain.
- Basically, any character with the above traits would be seen and treated as a Jerkass, plain and simple.