I work for no one but cocaine!Snowflame is a fan webcomic by Julie Sydor, following the exploits of Snowflame, originally a one-off bad guy from DC Comics franchise The New Guardians. In that comic, Snowflame was a Colombian supervillain who gained fire-controlling powers (and hammy monologues) while high on cocaine, before being taken down by the New Guardians.The webcomic keeps its Villain Protagonist's basic traits and personality from The New Guardians, while giving him a complex backstory and a Secret Identity. It also brings him to Gotham City on a smuggling mission, where he ends up in a battle against assorted DC superheroes.Find it here.
Tropes found in this webcomic include:
- Addiction Powered: Snowflame lives and, ahem, breathes this trope.
- Alternate Universe Fic: It is mentioned that Snowflame has fought the New Guardians; however, unlike in the original comic, he survived.
- Anti-Villain: Snowflame seems to be heading this way. He's Obliviously Evil and at least tries not to kill ordinary guards (though he doesn't pull his punches while fighting superheroes).
- Drugs Are Bad: The stance of all the heroes; however, Raven is the most vocal about it, since her telepathy causes her to feel the hurt of other people's addiction.
- Enemy Mine: Snowflame and the heroes are forced to work together when Arkham Asylum is flooded with fear gas.
- Hero Antagonists: The Justice League of America (and Raven).
- It's Snowing Cocaine: During a fight with Batman, Snowflame grabs a double-handful of cocaine and snorts all of it on the spot, in order to fuel his powers.Batman(horrified): My God. What's wrong with him?
- Large Ham: Snowflame, especially while fighting.
- Literal Metaphor: In New Guardians issue 2 (where the character originates), Snowflame said cocaine was his god. In the webcomic, he is the agent of a goddess of cocaine.
- Mystical White Hair: Snowflame's most prominent physical characteristic. See Power Dyes Your Hair below.
- Obliviously Evil: Snowflame sees his cocaine-running as bringing salvation to the people.
- Odd Job Gods: Fabian Orozco was turned into Snowflame by an actual Goddess of Cocaine.
- Pet the Dog: Snowflame gets a nurse to take care of the two guards he injured during his escape.
- Playing with Fire: Snowflame's primary power.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Fabian has black hair, which turns white whenever Snowflame takes control.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Snowflame is this to Fabian, who can't even remember what Snowflame does while the latter is in control of his body.
- Villain Protagonist: He's right there in the title.