Web Animation / Pigeon: Impossible
A rookie secret agent is on his first day on the job, and is given one of the most important roles in national security: controlling a small part of the nation's nuclear arsenal, just in case! And yet, his training never covered what to do with an overly pushy pigeon...
The first animation project by Lucas Martel, Pigeon: Impossible
is a six-minute short that won "Best Short" at the 2009 Montreal Film Festival, and can be watched here
Pigeon: Impossible provides examples of the following tropes:
- A Nuclear Error: One button push in a briefcase is enough to launch a nuclear missile at Moscow.
- Awesome Briefcase: Beckett's briefcase can fly, has twin laser cannons, launches anti-tank missiles, and launches nuclear missiles.
- CIA: It's Walter Beckett's first day on the job, and boy will he remember it.
- Feathered Fiend: The titular pigeon.
- The Men in Black: The CIA 'uniform' has the requisite black suit, and Beckett's handler wears dark glasses.
- Weaponized Landmark: The Washington Monument contains a Titan II intercontinental ballistic missile.