Edge is a simplistic video game where player must navigate a cube through a maze.
Tropes present in Edge
- Doppelgänger: Dark cube in extended levels.
- Guide Dang It: Some of the prisms are very well hidden.
- Minimalism: The game's presentation.
- 100% Completion: There are prisms to collect.
- Schmuck Bait: One of the titles of the level is "don't click!". Most people still do. Ignoring this advice nine times yields an achievement.
- Shout Out: The level "indy" is very obviously inspired by Indiana Jones movies. Traps include bolders, buttons on the floor that send stuff to kill you, etc.
- The "invaders" level contains reincarnations of some Space Invaders sprites. You even get an achievement for climbing onto the top of one.
- Size Shifter: Some special tiles shrink the cube to one twenty seventh of its original size. This somehow allows the cube to wall-climb and enter small passageways.
- Temporary Platform: Some of the platforms fall after rolling on them.