Video Game / Furdiburb
is a Mobile Phone Game
for Android and iPhone develin which you must care for an alien creature (Furdiburb, or Furdi for short) which has crashed on earth. Very similar to the Tamagotchi
and Gigapets which preceded it (though, unlike those, Furdi cannot die), Furdiburb must be fed, cleaned up after and administered medicine when it gets sick. The main objective of the game is to reassemble Furdi's spaceship, with new parts becoming available for retrieval after each patch release.
Furdiburb's environment consists of a series of screens that can be traversed by clicking the signs at the edge of the screen. The main screen consists of Furdiburb's house, while to east lies the Boomy Woods, Veroosh's furniture store and a robot laboratory. To the west is the Star Pool, Furdi's ship, Pizzicato Beach, the Factory, the Gypsy's wagon and the Farm.
- Companion Cube: Orb, one of the collectible parts of the ship, is a friendly AI companion that that tells you what each part of the ship does.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Veroosh and his brothers. They may be a bit dishonest about a few pieces of their merchandise, but they're definitely not evil. Tokori too, who tells you that, despite what you may have heard, owls bring good luck.
- Eye of Newt: One of Tokori's potions has an eyeball in it. Some of the Factory recipes have bizarre ingredients as well.
- Flying Saucer: Furdi and his parents came in one, as can be seen here.
- Foreshadowing: Veroosh tells you that he instructs his brothers to be careful while they are exploring Pizzicato island, Tokori tells you to beware it because it's exceedingly beautiful and Crabidab says that he lost of his friends nearby. If you finish the fishing quest, a giant Kraken attacks you!
- Kraken and Leviathan: If you follow Crabidab's advice and catch the "biggest thing in the sea", you will catch a giant Kraken that will eat you. His stomach contains a shark's tooth, as well as the formula needed to make the Factory turn it into the Diamond Glass Windshield of your starship. It also contains the remains of what's probably Crabidab's missing friend, Jerry
- The Lost Woods: Boomy Woods, home of the owl Tokori.
- Ridiculously Cute Alien
- Snake Oil Salesman: Some of the items that Veroosh and his brothers will try to sell to you are clearly junk that they've marked up to ridiculous prices. Most of the inventory is pretty decent though, so not a perfect example of this trope.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: Well, minus that sea monster incident.
- Talking Animal: Crabidab is a, well, crab that lives in a giant seashell on Pizzicato Beach and sells you fishing rods and appearance-changing potions. Tokori is an owl that sells you health elixirs and escorts you in the space area. Both give a great deal of helpful advice.