Phew. Been a damn long time since I've bothered updating this. Strangely for a troper I haven't actually even been one to do much editing. You're more than likely to find me on the forums than changing pages or anything (my edit history can attest to that, certainly). Despite that though I still think of myself as a troper, just perhaps the rarer breed of browsing yet not completely lurking kind. What to say about me. Well, I'm in my late twenties, Canadian, and probably some other stuff too. As corny as it may sound one of my ultimate aspirations in life is to become a game journalist, even knowing how sour a lot of people are on that particular job right now ... not that I can blame them. To that end I have a small game blog where I talk and rant about random happenings in the industry. I'm a fairly easy-going guy, or so I'd like to think at least. I've been involved with enough forum drama in the past to know when to hold em and when to fold em, so unless a topic hits a nerve (a rarity to be honest) I mostly try just to have fun and enjoy myself. Things I enjoy, broken into various lists to better facilitate being broken into lists.
- Haruhi Suzumiya and all of it's various spinoffs. Not the be all and end all but still an enjoyable series.
- The Legend of Koizumi. World leaders playing mahjong, featuring Super Aryan Hitler what more is there to say?
- Cowboy Bebop. An undisputable classic with an excellent voice cast regardless of whether you prefer dubs or subs.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion. Another classic. If you want a resolution with feeling though I highly recommend RE-TAKE, especially the all ages version.
- Bleach. Despite the fact that there's a lot to find fault with I enjoy this series without irony. I can be found talking about it on the forums from time to time too.
- Akumetsu. It's a bloody good time that also can get you thinking about politics and corruption. An odd but appealing combination.
- Bartender The anime is alright, but the longer-running manga is exceptional. A nice human drama piece with a lot of heart and plenty of humour.
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Beautiful people with horrible personalities. Watching this is kind of like a trainwreck, you know it's wrong, but can't look away. Season 2 is among my current watches.
- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Fell in love with the "Become Mine Hero" "I Refuse" version of the manga. The anime is alright, but I've found myself growing more displeased with how they're handling certain aspects. Not enough to drop it, but I'm no longer looking at it with rose coloured glasses.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Strap in and prepare for testosterone poisoning. Manly men, manly fights, manly tears, manly EVERYTHING.