I, Bergil, am a computer science student from Canada with an interest in fiction, no friends, an extremely unusual combination of political opinions. Until recently, I had severe confidance problems, but they miraculously vanished
after nearly three years when I woke up from a dream where I spoke to a beautiful woman who was trying to climb a hill *
. I also want to be a fantasy author, but there is very little chance of that going anywhere, as I started my first book over six years ago and only just finished part one of three
. I look forward to the day when I can update this page, adding a link to somthing that I have written and removing the references to being friendless.
Tropes that apply to me:
- ADCD: as described above.
- A God Am I: I half-jokingly claim to worship myself. The other half a way to deal with my self-doubt.
- Antiquated Linguistics: I have a slightly old-fashioned and formal way of talking, due to tha fact that I picked up my social cues more from fiction then from other people. It's also kind of deliberate, as I just like the way it sounds better.
- Artifact Title: I chose to use Bergil as my online name because I was young, idealistic, and naive. I am now about as far from naive as it is possible to be, and older then Bergil from Lord of the Rings, though some people would still call me young.
- Drink Order: Do you have orange soda? (waits for answer) Then I'll have an orange soda/a sprite with no ice.
- Honor Before Reason: If someone accuses me of holding opinions that I do not, or says somthing so wrong that not objecting would be as bad as agreeing I will loudly and vehemently object them, even when I knew that they only saying it because they found it FUNNY that anyone could actually care about such things, and wanted me to yell or even attack them. I cannot let there exist even a slight chance that anyone thinks that I believe such things. Yes, it's rediculous, but i just had to. You must understand. okay, rant over.
- The Quiet One
- Take That Me: As evidenced on this page. Much less common of late.
- Xanatos Sucker: I prefer not to go into details.