Trivia: Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
- Actor Allusion: Sam at one point says "Very Groovy." His nickname among the Flaming Sword soldiers is "The Chin". Also, the chainsaw. He also holds up a gun in a triumphant stance, much like the "This is my boomstick!" scene.
- Not to mention the scene where he throws a freakin' chainsaw.
- Dawson Casting: 26 year-old Ilza Rosario as teenage Beatriz.
- Directed by Cast Member: Jeffery Donovan being brought on as director was sort of a fluke (he expressed some interest and it just happened to go through). He directed a few episodes of Burn Notice but said it was too exhausting being both the star and director, which made this movie (where he isn't the main character) more appealing to him.
- Dyeing for Your Art: A funny example, as Campbell lost weight and dyed his hair to portray a Sam who was at least 5 years younger, but he couldn't be in particularly excellent shape or eliminate all his grey hairs because the premise is Sam was getting too old for this.
- Retroactive Recognition: Pedro Pascal, who played Veracruz, spent most of his career being the personification of Hey, It's That Guy!, but he got a lot easier to recognize and more noticeable after playing Oberyn Martell 3 years after this movie came out.