Daneel Rush is an absolute MASTER
of this trope, and these scenes prove it.
- The scene where Rika lies to the dying Takato and tells him that she cares more about her winning streak than him; you can almost HEAR the agony in his voice when he snaps at her:
"REJOICE IN YOUR PATHETIC PRIDE, RIKA NONAKA, AS ONCE I LEAVE THIS WORLD FOR GOOD, YOU'LL BE THE STRONGEST TAMER!"
- Every. Single. Scene with Takato and Rika in the Sacred Gardens. All the Heartwarming in the world cannot distract you from the fact that Takato is slowly and painfully dying.
- If anything, the Heartwarming makes it WORSE.
- The scene where Daemon attacks and critically injures (to the point where she has to be put on life support) seven-year-old Suzie Wong in cold blood and Henry just FLIPS.
- That's not even taking into account the sheer relief in his voice when if finds out she's alive.
- Sakuyamon taking on twelve Diaboromon in order to protect Takato as he lies dying in the middle of the street. It's Rika's ultimate Crowning Moment Of Awesome, as well as being unbelievably heartwarming but the fact that this is clearly a last stand and you know that she has to fall eventually, despite how desperate she is to protect Takato and just... damn.
- The aftermath to that is unbelievably heart-wrenching as well. Seeing Rika completely broken and empty is painful enough, but then we're treated to one of the most heartbreaking scenes ever as Rika just loses it completely; the slow loss of control, the pain in her voice, the flashbacks- oh God the FLASHBACKS. It is one of the most beautifully agonising scenes ever.
- Then there's Takato's final goodbye to Rika- it's beautiful, but also unbelievably sad.
E.T.D. (Estimated Time of Death): 00:00:00