The show's actual name is "Vega$" which can't be used as an article name directly.Vega$ was a television series from ABC that aired from 1978 to 1981. It revolved around the life of Las Vegas private investigator Dan Tanna (Robert Urich) who went around solving various crimes. He drives around in a classic car and has a secretary that probably has a bit of a crush on him.
This series provides examples of:
- As Himself: Name any major headline act in Las Vegas in the 1970's - chances are they popped up on the show. A notable example was Wayne Newton playing a psychopath who believed he was the real Wayne Newton.
- California Doubling: Averted. Except for specific episodes set elsewhere, the show was filmed entirely in Las Vegas.
- Cool Car: Dan's red Thunderbird. Which actually got fan mail!
- Friend on the Force: Lt. Nelson was a no-nonsense copper, but always had Tanna's back and handed him cases Las Vegas Metro couldn't touch.
- Jack the Ripoff: One of these terrorized the city in an episode.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Dan tries to stop his secretary from marrying a man who is only doing so in order to raid the trust fund for her son, which he will do by killing her and her son after they're married, a particular practice he did at least once before.