The show's actual name is "Vega$" which can't be used as an article name directly.Vega$ was the story of Las Vegas private investigator Dan Tanna (Robert Urich) who went around solving various crimes. He drives around in a classic car and has a secretary that probably has a bit of a crush on him.
This series provides examples of:
- As Himself: Name any major headline act in Las Vegas in the 1970's - chances are they popped up on the show. A notable example was Wayne Newton playing a psychopath who believed he was the real Wayne Newton.
- California Doubling: Averted. Except for specific episodes set elsewhere, the show was filmed entirely in Las Vegas.
- Cool Car: Dan's red Thunderbird. Which actually got fan mail!
- Friend on the Force: Lt. Nelson was a no-nonsense copper, but always had Tanna's back and handed him cases Las Vegas Metro couldn't touch.
- Jack the Ripoff: One of these terrorized the city in an episode.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Dan tries to stop his secretary from marrying a man who is only doing so in order to raid the trust fund for her son, which he will do by killing her and her son after they're married, a particular practice he did at least once before.