Seven years after an accident Tae Gong Shil is barely getting by. The accident left her with the ability to see ghosts, seriously affecting her ability to keep jobs. The ghosts are scary, and persistent. On a dark and stormy night she catches a ride from a man she's been told "Will be able to avoid the lightening but can't avoid you".
He is Joo Joong Won the CEO of Kingdom shopping mall, and he has his own issues. Although rich, handsome and successful he is not a nice person and many people believe that he still carries guilt from the death of his first love in a kidnapping.
The Kingdom Mall has recently hired a new head of security, Kang Woo, a former soldier who may be more than he appears. He keeps running into the Kingdom's model idol/actress Tae Yi Ryung. And he lives in the same study motel as Gong Shil.
Written by The Hong Sisters Master's Sun
is a horror romantic comedy.
- Ghostly Chill: Kang Woo shudders when running past the piano players wife. She's been kept in a deep freeze since her death so that may be part of it.
- Hates Being Touched: Joo Joong Won doesn't really like being touched. But when Gong Shil makes physical contact with him the ghosts disappear. Cue conflict.
- I See Dead People: Gong Shil does and utters these words to Joo Won the first time he comes to her house.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After a traumatic accident late in the series Joo Joong Won regains a previously lost skill but no longer remembers anything that happened after that dark and stormy night.
- Mystery of the Week: In each episode there is at least one ghost in contact with Tae Gong Shil. Finding out what they want and communicating that to the living becomes the framework for the interactions of the living characters in the show.
- Unfinished Business: Many of the ghosts seek Gong Shil because there are things that the living need to know. The main characters all have unfinished business that affects their ability to move on with life.