Series: Michael Bentine's Potty Time
Michael Bentine's Potty Time was a long-running British children's show, starring Michael Bentine, directed and produced by Leon Thau for Thames Television on ITV. It ran from 1973 to 1980. The episodes consisted largely of distinctive, bearded puppets (called "Potties"), comically re-enacting famous historical situations. There were two or three 2-foot tall Potties and about six 1-foot tall ones, with numerous costume changes.
Michael Bentine's Potty Time includes examples of:
- Great Escape: "The Great Potty Escape".
- Monumental Theft
- POW Camp: "The Great Potty Escape".
- Stolen Good, Returned Better
- Studio Audience: In later series.
- Talking to Himself: All of the Potties' voices are by Bentine.
- Train Job: One episode retold the story of a train robbery during the American Civil War.