Left to right: Steve, Billy, and Jim.Legit
is a comedy series premiering on FX in 2013.
Jim Jefferies plays Jim Jefferies
, a bit of a scumbag trying to follow his mother's wish, and become more legit
. To do so, he decides to come stateside and assist Billy, a man with muscular dystrophy, and the brother of his other friend, Steve.
Legit provides examples of the following tropes:
- Awesome Aussie: Jim.
- Black Comedy Rape: The source of Jim's troubles in "Misunderstanding". He didn't do it of course, but the joke still doesn't fly over with anyone.
- Chocolate Baby: The eventual outcome of Wendy the hookers baby in "Fatherhood"
- Courtroom Episode: "Justice"
- Distracted by the Sexy: The Judge in "Justice" by Jim's lady friend.
- Foreign Exchange Student: How Jim came to America. He wanted to get away from his family.
- Gag Penis: Billy is apparently very well-endowed downstairs.
- Handicapped Badass: Throughout "Justice" Billy fearlessly snaps off at the two armed men robbing the house. His disease has apparently taken away his fear of death.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Wendy from "Fatherhood". Woman is sweet as can be.
- Hypocrite: Jim calls an English guy on the plane "a Pommy cock" and then accuses an American passenger of racism when he's called a limey, and points out that that's the British not Australians. (A 'Pom' or 'Pommy' is a light slur used against the English in Australia, generally in jest, and isn't taken offense to.)
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jim's a prick, but he's a nice guy deep down.
- Kavorka Man: Jim has no problems getting laid, despite being a dickish slob.
- My Beloved Smother: Janice. Big time.
- N-Word Privileges: What reveals Jim's dream woman as a racist at the end of "Death".
- Sex as a Rite-of-Passage: The plot of the first episode.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Jim's Ukrainian accent in "Misunderstanding". General consensus is that it sounds more French than anything.