Roleplay: Endless Gravestones
Welcome to EG. The first rule: POST!
Named for a story arc in its parent franchise, Endless Gravestones is a Play-by-Post Game
based on Claymore
. It all began in 2008 with a few users in the Claymore section of the StopTazmo boards creating their own original characters and ended up moving to a forum populated by a small but tight-knit group of roleplayers. The story does not take place at any strict point in the original continuity and does not feature any of the canon characters, instead encouraging players to contribute and build their own vision of the setting. As such, players have been proactive and encouraged initiatives like male Claymores and, rather less successfully, human characters. By now a completely unrelated, separate story-line with its very own heroes and villains has been created through the valiant efforts of a few GMs.
As a consequence much of the gameplay involves individuals or groups of players taking on various assignments or striking out on their own initiative to hunt down Yoma, Awakened Beings or even traitorous renegades who flee the Organisation and seek to either bring it down or live on their own.
The game originally started out as a completely freeform game but eventually developed its own complex stat system that is adapted to suit whatever unique abilities each character decides to give themselves.
Contains examples of:
- Author Appeal: A lot of the players like to use elements of their favorite comics/games/anime/books for inspiration.
- Expy: Siegfried, of Siegfried Schtauffen and Wade, who doesn't even bother to conceal his identity as an Expy of Deadpool.
- Informed Flaw: Mara is thought to be inhuman and one step removed from awakening but hasn't really done anything particularly...monstrous.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Siegfried.
- Mighty Glacier: Siegfried.
- Orphaned Series: The site is infamous for its tendency to die for a few weeks, then suddenly experience a renaissance of posts.
- Villain Pedigree: A large proportion of missions are team assignments that involve older Yoma or Awakened Beings.