- Eye Scream: On the way home, Xena encounters a cyclops she once blinded and easily gets the best of him.
- I Am A Humanitarian: The cyclops likes to eat humans.
- I Gave My Word: Draco honors his word without hesitation.
- I Have No Daughter: Cyrene feels this way towards Xena, but they make up in the end.
- My Greatest Failure: Visits the grave of her brother, Lyceus, Xena reflects on how she lost her way since he died and regrets that no one believes she's changed.
- Not So Different: Xena and Gabrielle are very different, but they're also not the kind of people others think they are and struggle to prove it.
- Reformed, but Rejected: The others in Xena's village don't believe her claims of having changed or warnings about Draco—thinking it's just another con to raise an army and telling her to go away. Cyrene wants to believe it's true, but she can't. Defied in the end when she saves them from Draco.Xena: It's not easy proving you're a different person.
- Shadow Archetype: Draco to Xena, being a warlord whose attempt at redemption failed.
- Villain Team-Up: Draco wants nothing more than to team up with the old Xena.
- You Have Failed Me: Draco kills an underling for failing to follow Xena and instead telling her his plan. He gives the mook the opportunity to defend himself, but the guy clearly never stood a chance.
- You Are Not Alone: At Lyceus's grave:Xena: I wish you were here. It's hard to be alone.
Gabrielle: [appearing] You're not alone.